Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Wiki Experience

Ok...this assignment just made me feel really dumb. I watched the video and seemed so easy and then I signed up and that is where I started to get confused. I understand the general application and the potential use in the classroom but it is not user friendly. There are too many ways to go and it seems to try too hard. I think it would take me along to get used to this interface but it is not straight forward. I do believe sometimes there are too many options for technology platforms and coupled with the fact that I am unfamiliar and I do not have the time to become familiar with it on my own. I wish they had an example in this course. Just a suggestion.

Link to Wiki

2 comments:

  1. Honestly, a few of these applications are a course within themselves, so don't feel discouraged. I teach elementary school and some of the apps we had to experiment with are definitely not suitable for their use. That's just me though. Thanks for your honesty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pretty computer savy. However I could not agree with you more. It takes a number of days maybe weeks of usage to be able to become familiarized with a wiki to the level necessary to be able to utilized in the classroom. It has potential. However, it is not user friendly.

    ReplyDelete